Date & Time
06/20/2020 | 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
1st Team Actors Studio 156 Main St Westlake, OH 44145
About this Event
In the first half of this workshop, Mr. Weber reveals:
- The Casting Perspective – What casting professionals expect from actors. What key elements are they looking for?
- Why Certain Actors Succeed – Mr. Weber talks about the actors he’s worked with and reveals what makes them successful, including Johnny Depp, Ryan Reynolds, Dakota Fanning, Reese Witherspoon, Bella Thorne and Jason Momoa.
- What You MUST Do Right Now – Jump start your career with these valuable tips for self-branding and marketing.
- Don’t psych yourself out before you even get in the room! Essential techniques that will empower you to stop thinking of yourself as “the victim” in the audition room and let the “winning performer” take the stage!
- Indispensable advise on how to handle rejection, and how to turn anxiety and nervousness into excitement motivated by the joy of doing what you love to do!
- The Laws of Attraction – What you can do now to make your talent more desirable and marketable to an agent, manager or casting director and why.
- The Headshots & Resumes that Get Noticed Today – The very latest on these crucial tools, and how the digital revolution is transforming the audition process.
The second half of the workshop focuses on the actual audition and involves actors in the process using scene work to experience and illustrate new techniques. Mr. Weber covers:
- The Anatomy of the Audition – What actually happens?
- How to make the boldest, most effective choices in the room.
- The importance of listening, cold reading technique, and script analysis.
- How to deliver your best read the first time.
- Why Actors Fail – Common and avoidable mistakes that take actors out of the picture immediately.
*Please make sure you bring a headshot and resume for Mr. Weber.
This workshop will run from 10 am to 5 pm with an hour break for lunch. You can go over scenes a this time. Lunch is not included.
As former Executive In House Head of Television Casting and Feature Film Consultant for MGM Studios for 16 years, Paul Weber notably cast the wildly popular Stargate franchise. Other TV credits include Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, Outlander, Dead Like Me, She Spies, Poltergeist, and The Outer Limits. These series and others have garnered numerous honors including 21 Primetime Emmy Award nominations.
For the big screen, Weber has advised on numerous MGM features including the blockbuster James Bond franchise, Fame, Zookeeper with Kevin James, Hot Tub Time Machine, Red Dawn with Chris Hemsworth, Joss Whedon’s Cabin in the Woods, and Robocop.
In addition to a number of independent features, recent and on going credits include projects for Starz, Netflix, A&E, Discovery Network, Hulu, WGN, Lifetime, Hallmark, Comedy Central, and The CW.
Weber is a member of the Casting Society of America, the Writers Guild of America, has served on the Host Committee for the Annual Academy Awards and is a regular judge for the Emmy Awards. He is also a respected audition coach and teaches his Art of the Audition, Business of the Art Audition technique class worldwide, including a number of liberal arts colleges and universities. His American university visits include USC; UCLA; the University of Texas, Austin; University of Virginia; Loyola Marymount College; University of Connecticut; University of Arizona; and Sante Fe College, Florida. He is also a regular teaching guest at the SAG-AFTRA Foundation.